Explore the Loxahatchee River with your experienced guide on this kayak tour. Gain exclusive access to one of the most beautiful parts of the river and learn all about this federally protected area.
About this activity
Free cancellation: Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve now & pay later: Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
Covid-19 precautions: Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
Duration 2 hours: Check availability to see starting times.
Live tour guide: English
Small group: Limited to 6 participants
Experience ‘Old Florida’ as you kayak down the scenic Loxahatchee River
Keep your eyes peeled to spot wildlife and admire the native flora and fauna
Travel on the same river the Seminole people inhabited thousands of years ago
Learn about the local history and folklore from your experienced guide
Make your way down the river and paddle through a cypress swamp
- Embark on a scenic Loxahatchee River guided tour that heads downstream from the Riverbend Park toward the Atlantic Ocean. Learn all about the history of the area from your guide and keep your eyes peeled to spot different types of wildlife as well as local flora and fauna.
- In either a one or two-person kayak, pass through a Cypress swamp, with opportunities to see many species of plants and animals under the shade of the canopy.
- The Seminole people have inhabited this area for thousands of years. As you listen to your guide, find out more about the local history and folklore. This area is truly unique in the United States and is recognized with federal protection status.
- Safety equipment
- Life jacket
- Single or double kayak (depending on option selected)
Not suitable for
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
- People over 350 lbs (159 kg)
- Meet your guide at the Jupiter Outdoor Center in Riverbend Park. Check-in at the large thatched chickee hut surrounded by bikes, a few hundred feet inside Riverbend Park.
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Know before you go
This tour takes place rain or shine and will only be canceled due to severe weather such as thunderstorms